Ungerman’s 6 Steps to Contents Restoration & Management
By Admin | August 23, 2021
Fire and water can cause devastating damage to a home. Unfortunately, the destruction isn’t limited to the structure alone. Often, personal items such as clothing, keepsakes and furniture are also affected. But that doesn’t mean these possessions are gone forever.
There are plenty of times when damaged belongings can be salvaged, cleaned and restored. To help people through a very emotional time, Ungerman provides more than just structural repairs. We help our clients by providing contents restoration and storage for:
- Soft goods and clothing
- Artwork and collectibles
- Books and documents
Our 6 Steps to Contents Restoration
The process for caring for these precious possessions includes:
- Documenting, photographing, and inventorying all contents.
- Assessing each item to determine the extent of damage and effective ways to restore the items to pre-loss condition.
- Smoke deodorization using ozone treatments.
- Cleaning of all salvageable items including the use of ultrasonic technology.
- If an item is deemed non-salvageable, then we document, photograph, and describe the item for appropriate compensation to the homeowner.
- Climate-controlled storage until the home restoration is complete.
When it comes to restoration services, it’s not just about homes—It’s about the lives they contain. We know how important personal property can be with all of the memories attached to them. Our goal is to restore as much of our clients’ worlds as possible and help them move forward in a positive way.
UNGERMAN is a family-owned company providing full-service mitigation, restoration, reconstruction and renovation. Our mission is to provide our residential and commercial clients with the highest quality of dependable services while carefully managing costs.
We will provide accurate estimates, clear communication, and efficient completion of necessary mitigation and repairs in order to complete projects successfully. Through this process, we will build a solid relationship between the customer, the insurance company and UNGERMAN.