5 Things Minnesota Homeowners Should Do This Fall
By Admin | August 27, 2019
Seasons can be extreme in Minnesota. Spring has so much melted snow that we get flooding, summer gets extremely hot and humid, fall has some of the most gorgeous foliage you’ll ever see, and winter has subzero temperatures and more snow than we know what to do with.
These dramatic shifts in the elements can have some big effects on a home. With autumn approaching, there’s a lot you need to do to get prepared before that first snowfall. Here are at least five things to check off the list:
1) Check For Drafts
Make sure your windows and doors aren’t cracked or loose to avoid cold air coming into the house. Drafty houses tend to have higher energy bills due to the furnace having to work harder. If your windows and doors are damaged and letting air into the house, consider replacing them or hiring a company to replace them for you.
2) Have Your Foundation Checked
Before the snow starts piling up, you want to make sure your foundation is secure to avoid a flooded basement in the spring and potentially other big problems. If your house has structural issues, hire a professional contractor to make the repairs.
3) Store Your Yardwork Tools
Lawnmowers, chainsaws, and any other tools that use gasoline should be drained of gasoline to avoid ruining the equipment. Also, turn off your outdoor water and bring your hose inside! Trust us, a hose will freeze if left outside and will rip and get holes.
4) Clean Your Heating And A/C Unit, Fireplace, And Water Heater
It can be easy to forget about these tools. We often take them for granted because they’re relatively low-maintenance. However, you need to clean them this fall to make sure they run more efficiently and help reduce energy costs.
5) Check Your Roof And Get It Repaired/Replaced If Necessary
Roofs usually last about 20-30 years, so we often forget about them. Out of sight, out of mind might be the default approach, but maintenance is important to have a long-lasting roof. Here are three ways your roof can be damaged.
UNGERMAN is a family-owned company providing full-service mitigation, restoration, reconstruction, and renovation. Our mission is to provide our clients with the highest quality of dependable services while carefully managing costs.
We will provide accurate estimates, clear communication, and efficient completion of necessary mitigation and repairs in order to complete projects successfully. Through this process, we will build a solid relationship between the customer, insurance company, and UNGERMAN.
We Are Committed To:
– Providing our clients with the finest restoration professionals in our area; people who take care of our customers like they are part of their own families.
– Helping our customers to make informed decisions by constantly keeping the lines of communication open and honest.
– Delivering expert knowledge and top-notch customer service throughout every phase of the project.
– Addressing your questions and concerns at any time because we are a team; we are your team.