5 Signs of Snow-Related Damage To Your Roof
By Admin | January 30, 2020
Tired of the snow yet? Same here. Unfortunately, snow is a major part of life in Minnesota and we probably have a lot more on the way. Who knows, we might not even see green grass again until April or May!
Some winters feature more snow than others, but these past two years have given us heavy amounts. For businesses and property owners, this can be problematic for many reasons, but one of the biggest issues is roof damage.
Damage to your roof can lead to bigger problems and can have serious consequences. According to the FEMA Snow Load Safety Guide, here are some signs to look for to determine if your roof is overstressed from snow:
1) Parts of your ceiling (Including the sprinkler system) are sagging or falling out of place
2) Concerning noises (for example, popping and cracking)
3) Doors and windows are harder to open and close, or they can’t be opened or closed at all
4) The walls and foundation have become cracked or damaged in another way
5) Leaking has started or has been getting worse, with possible accumulation
These are only a few things you’ll notice if your roof is damaged, but there’s a lot more that may be happening. If you experience snow-related water or structural damage, you’ll need the help of an experienced mitigation and restoration company.
UNGERMAN is a family-owned company providing full-service mitigation, restoration, reconstruction, and renovation. Our mission is to provide our clients with the highest quality of dependable services while carefully managing costs.
We will provide accurate estimates, clear communication, and efficient completion of necessary mitigation and repairs in order to complete projects successfully. Through this process, we will build a solid relationship between the customer, insurance company, and UNGERMAN.
We Are Committed To:
- Providing our clients with the finest restoration professionals in our area; people who take care of our customers like they are part of their own families.
- Helping our customers to make informed decisions by constantly keeping the lines of communication open and honest.
- Delivering expert knowledge and top-notch customer service throughout every phase of the project.
- Addressing your questions and concerns at any time because we are a team; we are your team.